- The Bury Directory is the new online directory to find information, services and support available in Bury
- NHS Choices is the online ‘front door’ to the NHS. It is the country’s biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.
- My NHS You can find information about hospitals, GPs and dentists and urgent care. As well as basic contact details, you can also find feedback from other people about what they think about these services. It’s not just limited to NHS information. You can also find information about other services in your area (often provided by charities) that can help you with conditions from Alzheimers through to weight loss.
- The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website.
- The Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and community services to people living in the boroughs of Bury, Oldham and Rochdale. Find out more by visiting their website.
- Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events. To ensure the professionalism of thiswebsite, all counsellors have provided the service with qualifications and insurance cover or proof of membership with a professional body.
- Bury Council Care Services Directory has been designed by Bury Council’s Adult Care Services and creates a one stop shop for information relating to a whole host of services available to the residents of Bury. You can use the search engine to define your searches by area or service for example how to get help around the home or access leisure and sports facilities available near to you. The online directory will be regularly updated and all the information can be printed off in a user friendly format.
- Bury Independent Complaints Advocacy for NHS Complaints is provided by the Carers Federation:
Telephone 0808 801 0390
In writing or visit by appointment:
5th Floor Arthur House,
- Mencap Trust Company Limited
Mencap Trust Company has provided a not-for-profit discretionary trust service since 1976. It is a wholly owned, but independent subsidiary of Mencap. Each trust fund is administered on an individual basis; at the heart of our service is our relationship with the beneficiary and the important people in their lives, for the whole of their lives. Mencap Trust Company works with the Golden Lane Housing (Mencap’s specialist housing arm) to enable property to be placed in trust for a beneficiary and be properly managed and maintained.
Who is it for:
The service is for people with diagnosed and undiagnosed learning disability or vulnerability
Julie Schwarz – Director Contact: 020-7696-6932
123 Golden Lane
- Bury Carers Centre
A carer is anyone who provides unpaid support for a family member or friend who may have an illness, disability, a mental health problem or addiction. They may need help in every aspect of their life or it could just be that you check up on them to see they are safe. There are almost 6 million Carers in the UK with an estimated 13 million people expected to become Carers in the next decade/ Over 1.25 million Carers provide over 50 hours per week of carer and 42% of the Carers are men. The value of the work that Carers do is currently estimated at £119 billion per annum.
Bury Carers Centre provides:
Full Carers Package:
- 1:1 Support with Carers Advisors
- Access to CAB Advisor exclusively for Carers
- Support with financial issues including support with completing benefit forms
- Carer Support Groups including Learning Disabilities L/D; Substance Misuse, Autism; Cancer; Stroke and Dementia
- Bilingual Speaking Staff
- Fully Qualified Social Worker on Site
- Activities and Events including Meditation and Complementary Therapies
- Training and Workshops including Coping Strategies and Loss and Change and much more
They also offer:
- Quarterly Newsletter with up to date information in regards to carers
- Red Cross Card Scheme – This service provides carer with a card that they can keep on them, and in the case of an emergency with the carer, any support service such as the ambulance would know that they are a carer and alert the correct person
- Support with gaining employment
They take Self Referrals or referral from any healthcare professional. In order to access our services drop in, give them a call or email:
9-13 Silver Street
Tel: 0161 763 4867
- SUPPORT FOR YOU – Support At Home (Greater Manchester). Offers practical and emotional support at home to help regain independence for up to 6 weeks. email sah-GtManchester@redcross.org.uk
- DIAL-A-WHEELCHAIR – Provides short-term loans of wheelchairs and other independent living aids. Contact -01772 707 300 (North Manchester/Lancashire) Medicalloan@redcross.org.uk
- BURY CAREER’S EMERGENCY CARD – Card identifies card holder as a career. In an emergency the Red Cross will co-ordinate help to assist the person you care for. Contact 01204 369642 email@example.com
*** Insert NHS Choices widget***